Monday, August 30, 2010

Exceprts From A Book For Simon Hannes



Destroyer Lyrics




The White Lady In Gangsta Paradise



Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch;
Make Me Rich







Uno Is Spanish For 1





I go second-hand shopping as much as I can afford to, and there are items that I feel compelled to buy over and over again. There is a certain kind of photo-album which was popular in the late '60s and 70's where you peel back this clear plastic film that covers the page, and underneath there is some kind of sticky adhesive. You were then free to arrange photographs of different shapes and sizes however you saw fit. Anytime I come across one of these albums I buy it under any circumstance.

I went through an intense phase where I would fill the pages of these albums with drawings and collage for sveral persons in my life whom I truly loved. Excerpted here are images from a book I created for Simon Hannes. Several images are left out. Simon kindly took these photographs of the inside of the book for me when I was assembling work for my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment