Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Symbolic Spiritual Portraiture Series and Summer Commission Work






Hello All!

I sat down to make a list of all the "potential commissions" I had for the summer, and realized that I had upward of twenty potential projects! 

I know many of you have mentioned to me that you were interested in either a portrait of an illustrative project, but I am writing this note so I can get a sense of who would still like to move forward with their proposed piece. 

I am available this summer for commission work of all sorts, and once I get a sense of who is still interested, I can get the ball rolling on all of your projects! First come, first serve!

ALSO

I am beginning a new personal series of print work for the summer. I am creating "symbolic spiritual portraiture". These are portraits created without any traditional rendering of likeness, but rather, bouquets/arrangements of specific people's personal symbols. 

If you would like to volunteer as a subject for one of these "symbolic portraits" it would entail:

1) A brief interview in which I will ask you about your personal symbolism - objects, animals, plants, colors, numbers and other esoteric touchstones that have become significant to you over the course of your life. This can be conducted via correspondence or in person. 

2) A guarantee that you will buy 1 of the prints. 

I am creating these prints as a body of work towards an upcoming future show. 

SO

If you are interested in 

A) a commission project (portraiture, illustration...etc) Please message me or leave a comment in this note! Even if we have spoken about it in person, I would like you to remind me of your intentions so I can get a sense of what my schedule is going to entail in the near future.

B) being one of the subjects of my upcoming "symbolic portraiture" prints

PLEASE MESSAGE ME OR LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS NOTE!

Here is a sketch of what one of my "symbolic portraiture" prints would look like, so you can get a sense of what might be involved, or the kind of symbols I would potentially look for in the interview;

FRANS :

Symbols - 

Juniper
A Hatchet
Oak Leaves/Acorn
An Egg
The Libra Symbol
Mushrooms
A Snail 
Rope
Antelope Horn
Human Hair
A Star
Dandelion Seeds

The number of slots I have for this upcoming series of prints is limited, so if you are interested, please get in touch with me ASAP!

quin.c.greig@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment